Associate Learning Experience Designer
Location: Boston, MA/Austin, TX/Remote
The Associate Learning Experience Designer (ALXD) is a key member of the learning experience design (LXD) team who creates superior learning experiences for our clients that are engaging, meet quality standards, use a variety of media, and meet time/budget requirements.
- The ALXD contributes to execution of LXD projects.
- The ALXD will learn LXD processes and how to use LXD templates to complete project work, which may include development of prototypes, online courses, and media.
- At times the ALXD will review subject matter experts’ writing against project requirements, or the ALXD may be required to write content to meet project requirements.
- Day-to-day responsibilities involve meeting project schedules, working within budgeted hours, and working with the team to ensure quality.
- The ALXD collaborates with other SRM functional teams, including PM, UI/UX, art, and production as assigned.
- If an LXD project requires SRM to leverage a vendor or network of contractor SMEs, the ALXD will collaborate with those resources as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Is an effective communicator
- Has technical writing and editing skills
- Can develop and revise curricular materials and documentation, including learning outcomes and learning objectives
- Displays excellent problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Is consistently well-organized
- Can work on a deadline to meet project schedules
- Can learn how to identify relevant learning resources and map them to course or program objectives and competencies, in collaboration with SMEs and partners
- Develops engaging, contextually rich, and objective-driven materials
- Reviews learning resources and assessments to ensure proper alignment to the intended objectives
- Can apply an appropriate pedagogical approach for a given project or component of a project with direction
- Can perform research as needed
- Has familiarity with instructional design methodologies (ADDIE, Dick and Carey, etc.) and ability to learn the SRM model and articulate how and why it differs
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred in instructional design, educational technology, or comparable subject. Master’s degree in instructional design or related subject is a plus.
- At least 2 years of formal experience in course design or curriculum development
- Teaching experience a plus
Special skills considered a plus:
- Competency-based learning
- Development of interactives and simulations
- Experience with Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, Desire2Learn, or other LMSs
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.