AVP, Business Development, K–12
The AVP, Business Development ensures the long-term success of our client engagements by developing strong relationships and identifying new sales opportunities across their K–12 client portfolio. The AVP is responsible for connecting with key business executives and stakeholders to expand SRM’s services within the client organization as well as growing their portfolio through prospecting, networking, and working with the marketing team on lead gen initiatives. Supports the executive management team in applying long-term strategic direction in the existing client base, executing annual corporate goals and strategic initiatives. Represents SRM to existing clients and continually looks for opportunities to grow and expand current relationships into larger engagements and/or integrating additional services
Manages external communication and focuses on client satisfaction to grow existing client revenue. Serves as a partner to the client, collaborating with the delivery team to translate client’s business objectives.
- Develop and implement a sales plan that includes a prospecting plan to identify, target, and win business from new accounts as well as a strategic account management plan to cultivate new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of potential partners by proactively reaching out to prospects via phone, email, and other communication channels.
- Establish strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers within existing accounts.
- Develop and maintain a travel schedule to support the prospecting and sales efforts, ensuring that all key accounts and prospects are visited regularly.
- Utilize effective time management and planning skills to maximize productivity during travel, balancing customer meetings, internal meetings, and administrative tasks.
- Collaborate with the internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Operate as the lead external point of contact for all matters specific to their
- Determine frequency of client visits and client
- Utilize a data-driven approach to forecast and track key account
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop targeted marketing campaigns and materials to support the prospecting efforts.
- Lead new business pitches and
- Engage comfortably in business dialogue and offer guidance to multiple levels of
- Regularly check in with the client in person and virtually.
- Attend conferences to promote the Six Red Marbles brand and generate leads.
- Maintain a collaborative environment on the client side by developing communication with different teams or departments.
- Actively “cross-sell” Six Red Marbles services where possible.
People, Leadership, and Teamwork
- Ensure a thorough understanding of Six Red Marbles’ policies, procedures, and practices.
- Collaborate with the project team, assisting with prioritization, issue escalation, coordinating client communication.
- Lead all efforts to maintain and grow the business relationship with the assigned client portfolio.
- Create and maintain internal account profile and growth strategy. Lead regular meetings to review client status and growth strategies.
- Promote and foster a strong team culture and open and transparent communication with the project team.
- Ensure that communication of key messages/initiatives is delivered correctly and appropriately to clients.
- Support the executive management team as it relates to corporate goals, corporate culture, and strategic initiatives.
Project Management/Risk Mitigation
- Act as a point of escalation on issues pertaining to the delivery or client relationship that can’t be resolved at the project level.
- Make decisions around presenting change orders.
- Lead client project debrief (if needed).
- An in-depth understanding in the preparation of proposals, statements of work, master service agreements, and other contracts for clients, making sure they adhere to Six Red Marbles’ standards and best practices.
- Monitor invoicing and ensure top-line targets are being met.
- 5–7 years of experience selling educational services to K-12 customers required.
- Senior-level contacts within the industry preferred.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously; proven success at managing large, complex, or particularly challenging clients.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written) across all levels, both internally and with clients.
- Strong customer relationship building, problem-solving, and negotiation skills in a client-facing environment.
- Ability to drive and manage change in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in mentoring, team building, and performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to work and manage effectively under significant deadline pressure.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams/matrix management.
Why Six Red Marbles?
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do, too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success.
At Six Red Marbles, our mission is to create innovative learning experiences to teach, inspire, and prepare generations of lifelong learners. We are:
- Makers of Experiences: We are creative problem solvers. We take a learner-centric approach to designing high-quality custom learning experiences.
- Advocates for Empowerment: We are a team. We embrace and respect our differences, strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and look out for our teammates.
- Responsible Partners: We strive to do the right thing. We build trust through honest, transparent, and caring interactions that grow into meaningful and long-lasting relationships.
- Bold Innovators: We take calculated risks. We believe in creating a safe space where people are encouraged to be creative, try new things, think big, and take action.
- Learners Always: We are Always a Student. We are passionate about learning and seek to continuously improve.
- Experts: We are world-class. We have high standards because we know our work ends up in the hands of learners.
- Service-Driven: We encourage collaborative and fun interactions with each other and our clients. We aim for clients and employees to feel appreciated and proud of the work they do.
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.