Content Lead—High School Personal Financial Literacy (Temporary)
Location: Boston, MA/Austin, TX/Remote
- Develop a one-semester online high-school social studies course called Personal Financial Literacy, targeting states with a half-credit graduation requirement in personal financial literacy.
- Based on a scope and sequence, writers will use a template to create outlines of the content. Components to be developed include unit openers, lesson openers, studies (direct instruction), teacher-scored assignments, and assessments.
- Studies, the main instructional component, present the content in different interactive ways to keep students engaged and motivated.
- All manuscript development will be in Word using client-provided templates.
- The course is based on the two sets of national standards for financial literacy and 6 additional states with their own sets of standards.
- Attend client meetings and SRM project team meetings.
- Train and provide guidance to writers and editors.
- Supplement the client guidelines with additional documentation.
- Provide content a lead review pass before all manuscript is transmitted to the client.
- Assist with content revisions requested by client.
- Ensure all client revisions in manuscript have been resolved.
- Perform a high-level review of content in the LMS.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or a related field
- Previous experience managing editorial projects
- Previous experience managing writers and editors
- Ability to provide feedback and training to writers and editors
- Proven subject matter expertise in financial literacy, finance, and economics
- The project need is about 25 to 30 hours per week.
- The engagement will begin around 1/11/21 and last for about 4 to 5 months.
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only bring the best and the brightest to our team. Interested in a career with Six Red Marbles? Lifelong learners need apply.
If you have questions about what it’s like to work with or for Six Red Marbles, we’re happy to answer.Reach out