Location: Boston, MA
This position will be responsible for coordinating monthly close for all project related and overhead costs. Responsibilities include preparation of standard costing, analyzing variances, budgeting of standard costs, and OH spending. This role will work collaboratively with the operations and procurement side of the business in order to analyze the cost and productivity of the business. The position will be involved in process improvement initiatives to analyze and identify cost savings and efficiencies. Strong system and analytical skills are necessary in order to provide analysis and record entries on a recurring basis in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform complex measuring and analysis for WIP and revenue recognition.
- Establish and perform standard cost updates for labor and overhead rates.
- Assist with analyzing purchasing contracts, work orders, and project budget reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate cost accounting records, correcting any errors and discrepancies as required each month by performing analysis, taking corrective actions, and/or making recommendations to management.
- Assist with monthly and year-end close, year-end audit, journal entries, account analysis, and reconciliations, including intercompany.
- Assist with forecasts, annual and strategic plans, pro forma, and other financial scenarios.
- Assist with ongoing procurement and resources planning analysis with emphasis on cost control and increased profitability.
- Participate in special projects and process improvement initiatives, including measuring/monitoring cost savings related to strategic initiatives.
- Assists with benchmarking, key performance indicators, and dashboards for measuring financial and operating performance.
- Assist with oversight of controlling OH costs and related contract management.
- Provide support to operations for project budgeting and related maintenance.
- Assist with documentation, procedures, and other workflows.
- Assist other duties as necessary.
- 4–12 years of experience of direct cost accounting/analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Experience with foreign currency and India-based operations preferred
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.