Director, AI for Learning Solutions
Location: Austin, TX
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced individual to build and lead a team of AI and ML rock stars and design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art AI/ML adaptive learning solutions for education. Six Red Marbles has been a leader in the education space for decades. We’ve evolved and innovated as the industry has shifted from textbooks to digital, and we’re preparing for the next big evolution—AI for learning. The Director, AI for Learning Solutions will be an AI evangelist helping SRM use the power of AI to revolutionize education.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in AI and have experience in all aspects of bringing new products and services to market. The successful candidate will possess the communication skills needed to be the technical “face” of SRM within our organization, with our partners, and with our customers. You will be able to drive discussions with senior technical and management personnel with customers and partners, as well as have the technical background that enables you to interact with and give guidance to data scientists, software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Finally, and of critical importance, the candidate will be an excellent technical team manager, someone who knows how to hire, develop, and retain high-quality technical talent.
What You Will Do
AI/ML Subject Matter Expertise and Strategy: The Director, AI for Learning Solutions will be our in-house expert on all things AI and ML and will help us assess market opportunities and build strategies to bring new products and services to market.
- Direct a comprehensive AI/ML strategy from conception through design, delivery, continuous improvement, and end-of-life as appropriate.
- Drive new strategic machine learning and adaptive solutions, from initial ideation to MVP solution.
- Lead and recruit a distributed team of data scientists and risk modelers, providing mentorship, oversight, and coaching and encouraging their professional growth.
- Serve as a product evangelist for the machine learning strategy and solutions and associated infrastructure products internally and externally.
- Understand the market to create and evaluate new additions to enhance data assets for the machine learning and adaptive solutions.
- Identify opportunities for new and innovative analytical products and insights that bring value to SRM customers.
Solution Architect: Responsible for defining and designing integrations, systems, and end-to-end adaptive learning solutions.
- Leverage data science, machine learning, and other modeling techniques to improve adaptive solutions and capabilities.
- Provide engineers and designers with technical requirements that are driven from the engagements with partner teams and customers.
- Scope, design, and advise implementation of machine-learning models to support the initiatives with a view of achieving overall objectives and targets.
- Provide oversight of the design, architecture, and integration of our machine learning and adaptive solutions.
Business Development and R&D: Assist with all aspects of new service/product offerings from ideation to development to new product launch.
- Interact with customers directly to understand the business problem and help guide them in their adoption of adaptive learning solutions.
- Work with internal teams to take AI/ML learning solution concepts and ideas and move them from ideas to products and SRM IP.
What You Will Need
- BS or equivalent degree in a computational science or engineering with strong programming skills (R, Python, Scala) and deep knowledge of statistical and modeling techniques
- 5+ years of experience developing and deploying ML-based solutions and predictive models to address industry problems, preferably in the education and learning space
- 3+ years of technical management experience
- Strong hands-on skills in building scalable and reliable data pipelines for sourcing, cleaning, and manipulating large volumes of data
- A strong interest in applying AI/ML technologies to real-world challenges
- Experience in applying machine learning and creating machine learning powered products
- Previous industry experience with large-scale machine learning systems using frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, and Apache Mahout
- Knowledge of when ML is overkill for a problem and heuristics are a better path
- Ability to care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills, effective time management, the ability to work independently, excellent attention to detail, positive client service attitude, the ability to multitask, and the ability to be flexible with changing priorities
- Strong hands-on management, leadership, coaching, and people management skills
Why Six Red Marbles?
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do, too. In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or call us at (+1) 857-588-9000.