Director, Business Development
The Director of Business Development partners with Project Director to ensure the long-term success of our client engagements. Responsible for developing solid relationships with a portfolio of clients across K-12 and adult learning and connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. Supports the Executive Management Team in applying long-term strategic direction in existing client base, executing annual corporate goals and strategic initiatives. Represents SRM to existing clients and continually looks for opportunities to grow and expand current relationships into larger engagements and/or integrating additional services.
- Manages external communication and focuses on client management intended to maintain and grow client engagements. Serves as a partner to the client, collaborating with the delivery team to translate client’s business objectives into a delivery strategy.
- Pursue new opportunities with current and new customers to meet sales targets.
- Operate as the lead external point of contact for any and all matters specific to his/her clients.
- Determine frequency of client visits and client reviews.
- Forecast and track key account metrics.
- Identify and grow opportunities.
- Lead new business pitches and presentations.
- Engage comfortably in business dialogue and offer guidance to multiple levels of management.
- Regularly check in with the client.
- Maintain a collaborative environment on the client side by developing communication with different teams or departments.
- Actively “cross-sell” Six Red Marbles services where possible.
- Raise the profile of Six Red Marbles.
People, Leadership, and Teamwork
- Ensure a thorough understanding of Six Red Marbles’ policies, procedures and practices.
- Collaborate with the Project Director, assisting with prioritization, issue escalation, coordinating client communication.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction as needed to project delivery teams, ensuring that client business objectives are being met throughout delivery.
- Plan and attend key client meetings, including Account Reviews, sales pitches (as needed), etc.
- Provide training and development to support the Account Management and Sales teams.
- Promote and foster a strong team culture and open and transparent communication with the project delivery team.
- Ensure that communication of key messages/initiatives is delivered correctly and appropriately to clients.
- Support the executive management team as it relates to corporate goals, corporate culture, and strategic initiatives.
Project Management/Risk Mitigation
- Ensure customer satisfaction of solutions by managing client expectations with regards to schedule, scope, quality, and budget.
- Make decisions around presenting change orders.
- Lead client project debrief (if needed).
- An in depth understanding in the preparation of Proposals, Statements of Work, Master Service Agreements, and other contracts for clients, making sure they adhere to Six Red Marbles’ standards and best practices.
- Monitor invoicing and ensure topline targets are being met.
- Experience selling educational services to K-12 and/or adult learning customers
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously; proven success at managing large, complex, or particularly challenging clients
- Excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) across all levels, both internally and with clients
- Strong customer relationship building, problem solving and negotiation skills in a client-facing environment
- Ability to drive and manage change in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated excellence in mentoring, team building and performance management
- Demonstrated ability to work and manage effectively under significant deadline pressure
- Experience working with cross-functional teams/matrix management
- Knowledge of the education (preK–12 or adult ed) or publishing industries a plus
- 6+ years of budgeting, forecasting, and overall financial management experience required
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles is an award-winning creator of innovative digital and blended learning programs. As the largest U.S.-based provider of learning experience design, content development, edtech and publishing services, we partner with publishers, schools, universities, foundations, and companies to develop interactive and engaging products that support personalized learning.
Apply for this position.
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at (+1) 857-588-9000.