Director, Human Resources
Location: Austin, TX
In a global context, the director provides leadership, vision, development, and overall management of all human resource activities and staff. The director reinforces the company’s culture, mission, core values, and competencies through the delivery of HR programs and services. The director develops innovative approaches and ideas to all aspects of HR and generates creative solutions that will set Six Red Marbles apart in the marketplace as a Best Place to Work. This position, with an international scope, will be responsible for managing and supporting the assessment of organizational needs as well as the design, implementation, and evaluation of programs that facilitate professional development and continuous learning for all Six Red Marbles employees.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports the leadership team’s mission, vision, values, goals, and key metrics by developing short- and long-range human resources plans, strategies, and policies; understands the company’s strategic business goals and uses this information to develop and deliver the appropriate HR strategy and tactics to support these goals
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of global programs, policies, and strategies tailored to meet company needs and program goals; evaluates strategies to measure the achievement of established goals; provides for effective management of resources
- In conjunction with the HR manager, executes HR strategies, programs, and services with the company’s objectives and mission; enhances the company’s goals by working closely with each department head; acts as an adviser to business unit leaders on all human resource matters
- Oversees the salary administration process; creates and evaluates positions, salary levels, employee evaluation processes, and salary surveys; ensures management adherence to the salary administration plan; develops and administers staff compensation and incentive programs; provides consultation and recommendations regarding compensation changes
- Provides oversight of HR vendor relationships, with execution by the HR team
- In conjunction with HR managers in the United States and India, takes responsibility for talent acquisition worldwide; partners with international vendors to ensure that global employment laws, policies, and procedures create innovative recruitment and retention strategies to ensure long-term employee engagement; manages recruiting function
- Implements and oversees improvements to employee performance, mentorship, recognition programs, policies, reporting, and effective communication
- Acts as an adviser, leader, and resource on all related organizational development and human resource matters; provides consultation and assistance to department heads, managers, and executive management on organizational and job performance issues
- Manages benefit programs to ensure high-quality, cost-effective benefits and services for our employees
- Works collaboratively with finance team by providing accurate time and expense information to ensure compensation is completed timely and accurately
- Proactively seeks knowledge expertise in the HR field, building a network of services and providing guidance on business trends and practices
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience working and practical knowledge, including compensation, benefits, employee relations, talent acquisition, performance management and employment laws
- Experience managing remote teams
- Experience building and scaling a global human resource operation; proven knowledge of Indian entities is a plus
- Direct proven experience and success in all functional areas of human resources
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and HRIS; experience with Paylocity is a plus
- Effective communication of quantitative and qualitative data, using KPIs and visual data
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification is a plus
- HR Manager
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- Normal office conditions
- Travel between local US offices
- Occasional travel to international locations may be required
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles is an award-winning creator of innovative digital and blended learning programs. As the largest U.S.-based provider of learning experience design, content development, edtech and publishing services, we partner with publishers, schools, universities, foundations, and companies to develop interactive and engaging products that support personalized learning. Six Red Marbles is a subsidiary of Flatirons Solutions, Inc, with offices in Boston, Brattleboro, Austin, Delhi, and Chennai, India.
Apply for this position.
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at (+1) 857-588-9000.