Director of Learning Experience Design
The Director of Learning Experience Design (DLXD) is a key leader in Six Red Marbles leadership team supporting development of learning design in all Six Red Marbles operational channels. The DLXD is accountable to deliver quality learning experiences to Six Red Marbles clients. The DLXD organizes the LXD team structure to support Six Red Marbles business needs. The DLXD leads and manages the LXD team. The DLXD researches and designs scalable development strategies to meet client needs, develops workflow to support those strategies, and leads the creation of documentation and infrastructure to execute those strategies. The DLXD collaborates with Sr. LXDs to set up large scale projects and train team members, and the DLXD acts as a point of escalation for large scale projects. The DLXD is responsible to support the sales process by providing creative solutions to client problems, developing content for presentations and proposals, level of effort for pricing and participating in client meetings as needed.
Leadership & Management Skills
- Creates a scalable LXD organization which can meet Six Red Marbles business needs
- Sets performance expectations for all LXD team members
- Evaluates team skills and supports team development by designing or identifying appropriate training opportunities
- Acts as a resource to Sr. LX/Project Leads during the initiation phase of a project
- Acts as a point of escalation for Sr. LX/Project Leads
Strategic & Operational Skills
- Is accountable for project quality and institutes processes to audit project quality
- Has primary responsibility for designing and overseeing effective processes on all Higher Ed projects
- Works collaboratively with SRM Higher Ed functional teams (LX, UI/UX, Creative, Content & Production) to build processes that work for all stakeholders
- Is a steward for SRM and supports the company in a positive manner while providing feedback and recommendations for ways to improve the operation
- Leads the development of new approaches within the team
- Leads the development of tools and documentation to support scalable processes
- Has responsibility to organize and maintain a library of tools and documentation so it is easily used by stakeholders
- Has the ability to think strategically about the effective execution of projects and can relay that strategy to a team
- Displays excellent problem-solving skills
- Is consistently well-organized and has answers to queries from team, management, or client, at fingertips even when under pressure
- Maintains professionalism, calm approach, and commitment to projects
- Anticipates the needs of his or her team and works proactively to address them
- Is comfortable making judgment calls that impact project processes and deliverables
Client-facing and Business Orientation
- Is comfortable and effective in communication with prospective clients
- Can develop learning design solutions which meet individual client needs, budget and schedule
- Responsible to contribute to sales conversations, proposal writing, initial workflow creation, and budget conversations with the Presales team and VP of Learning Strategy
- Must be a highly skilled communicator with a keen sense of how to maintain excellent relationships
- Is aware of important sales and marketing concerns that affect the success of a product or service we are designing
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred, degree in Instructional Design a major plus
- 10+ year experience in higer ed course development management
- Strategic and process-oriented thinker
- Ability to participate in scoping and pricing activities
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We only bring the best and the brightest to our team. Interested in a career with Six Red Marbles? Lifelong learners need apply.
If you have questions about what it’s like to work with or for Six Red Marbles, we’re happy to answer.Reach out