Executive Editorial Manager, Higher Education
Location: Boston, MA / Austin, TX / Remote
Reporting to the VP of Editorial, the manager oversees the editorial development of the higher education (HE) projects. The Manager, HE Editorial ensures that clients’ editorial vision is implemented and when needed is a thought partner with clients. The Manager, HE Editorial partners with other SRM teams to conceive, scope, and create content to meet both SRM and the clients’ goals.
- Ensure editorial projects developed by the department meet the highest possible standards for quality and are delivered in adherence of project schedules and budgets
- Oversee the work of internal editorial staff assigned to HE projects, including appropriate staffing of projects, management of capacity, and oversight of internal hours
- Manage designated HE staff, monitoring performance and providing guidance and support as required
- Coordinate with procurement to identify and select appropriate external staff for projects as needed
- Management of outside subject matter experts, writers, development editors, and other contractors, including working with vendor management to identify and secure resources
- Plan for new opportunities and engagements, including developing pricing and proposal in conjunction with the presales team and management and developing editorial workflows and teams to address project needs
- Oversight of editorial development, including holding internal team meetings to communicate project-specific information and address issues; serving as client point of contact for editorial; working with project management to ensure projects meet goals for quality, delivery, and budget; and providing timely and accurate information on project status and performance to the VP and Six Red leadership
- Raise staff or project issues to the VP of Editorial and collaborate on timely and effective solutions
The manager is expected to have a strong knowledge of HE editorial workflows and processes and be capable of working on and overseeing development across a range of subjects. Key competencies include experience managing staff, experience developing pricing and proposals, comfort with budgeting and oversight editorial project financials, ability to oversee multiple projects and collaborate across internal departments, strong client relations skills, and knowledge of the HE marketplace.
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.