The Instructional Designer (ID) is a key member of the Learning Experience Design team who will create superior learning experiences for our clients that are engaging, meet quality standards, use a variety of media, and meet time/budget requirements.
- Functions as an ID on projects
- Analyzes learner needs and conceptualizes effective solutions that align with client needs
- Designs and develops learning experiences to meet project requirements using instructional design theory and best practices
- Guides and collaborates with subject matter experts to ensure that deliverables align with project requirements
- Collaborates with assigned project team, including PMs, CED, vendors, SMEs, Production, UI/UX, and Instructional Technology Lead, to ensure project success
- Executes tasks within the scope, schedule, and level of effort (LOE) of the project
- Ensures quality, client-ready deliverables
- Identifies and escalates issues and concerns that threaten the scope of the project using established processes
- Communicates clearly, effectively, and constructively with clients, vendors, and colleagues
- Completes required administrative tasks completely and on time
- Complies with LXD and SRM processes and protocols
- Embodies the LXD design values and mission of the LXD team
- Prepares for upcoming meetings and tasks
- Designs media content and reviews final media
- Provides and requests constructive feedback related to professional performance
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Instructional design theory and practices
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills
- Time management
- Strong writing
- Active listening
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Learning technologies and LMSs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Project management skills
- Media design/storyboarding and review skills
- Ability and resilience to work through ambiguous situations
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in instructional design, educational technology, or a comparable subject. Master’s degree in instructional design or a related subject is a plus.
- At least 2 years of formal experience in course design or curriculum development
Special skills considered a plus:
- Competency-based learning
- Development of interactives and simulations
- Experience with Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, Desire2Learn, or other LMSs
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We only bring the best and the brightest to our team. Interested in a career with Six Red Marbles? Lifelong learners need apply.
If you have questions about what it’s like to work with or for Six Red Marbles, we’re happy to answer.Reach out