Location: Boston, MA / Remote
Join us, and make our small but mighty marketing team a little bigger and a lot mightier.
We’re looking for a true team player who wants to make an impact and grow our marketing team. The Marketing Director, in collaboration with and supported by the team, will be responsible for all aspects of marketing activities, from developing the overall strategy to planning, implementing, executing, and analyzing across all campaigns and initiatives. While for the past 25 years, we’ve mostly been a services company, we have some exciting new products that we are in the process of developing and rolling out. This is an exciting stage in the company’s growth, and we are looking for someone who can guide our marketing efforts as we bring these products to market.
The team at Six Red is lean, so we’re looking for someone who can lead the marketing team and drive the strategy and someone who wants to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done!
- Develop a strategic vision for the marketing department.
- Plan, execute, and oversee the implementation of the annual marketing plan, including campaigns, projects, conferences, and management of the overall budget.
- Develop strategies, campaigns, and tactics that meet business objectives and drive leads for services and products.
- Once the plan is set, oversee the marketing calendar, set priorities for the team, and adjust the plan based on results.
- Stay on top of the latest trends in the marketplace and competitor information, and incorporate new information into campaigns.
- Continue to build, manage, and coach the marketing team and oversee vendors.
- Develop strategy and guide the team in planning, implementing, and evaluating all marketing initiatives across the website, lead gen, conferences, messaging, social media, press releases, and collateral.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on KPIs, including campaign/web metrics, effectiveness, and lead gen.
- Have familiarity with SEO and web design.
- Contribute to the evolution of the SRM brand.
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance.
- Assist with internal projects and initiatives—branded merchandise, templates, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a Marketing Director
- 10+ years’ integrated marketing experience, preferably in the education field (K–12 and higher ed products and services)
- Very strong organizational and business process skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in order to meet schedules
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to write in a clear and compelling manner, with a voice and style that makes reading easy and memorable for the reader
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team leader, with dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
- Experience developing and maintaining websites
- Ability to take ownership of projects
- Knowledge of web analytics tools
- WordPress experience a plus
- Degree in marketing or experience in a related field
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.