Media Services Manager
Location: Boston, MA/Austin, TX/Remote
The Media Services Manager (MSM) is a key cross-functional leader at Six Red Marbles (SRM). The MSM is responsible for operationalizing media development across the organization. The MSM will coordinate with stakeholders in the project management office (PMO), editorial, learning experience design (LXD), and production teams to develop efficient, cost-effective strategies for creating media. The MSM is responsible for documenting all operational processes and acts as a point of escalation for any media-related matters. The MSM will support the sales process as necessary. Finally, the MSM will explore new media offerings and coordinate with stakeholders to stand up new capabilities as needed.
- Compile and maintain a catalog of current media capabilities.
- Establish common terminology for media offerings, collaborate with stakeholders to gather examples of media offerings, and educate SRM stakeholders on current offerings as necessary.
- Develop and manage SRM’s media strategy by benchmarking competitor offerings and explore new media capabilities. Develop a yearly plan to improve current capabilities or expand to new capabilities.
- Determine software and hardware needs to support development of media.
- Determine how to best stand up new media capabilities by exploring the vendor landscape, analyzing acquisition targets, or building new capabilities internally.
- Develop media development workflows.
- Develop supporting documentation (e.g., templates, guidelines, best practices) necessary to efficiently build media offerings. This includes but is not limited to documentation related to:
- Helping identify opportunities to leverage media to support content
- Supporting writers to develop content for media
- Facilitating cross-functional collaboration to develop media
- Selecting the appropriate tools for the desired experience and budget
- Tracking media development at the project level
- Collaborating with vendor partners
- Train internal teams on media offerings and media development as necessary.
- Act as a liaison between internal U.S. functional teams and India production teams to develop efficient methodologies to transmit media for production and collaborate during the production process.
- Act as a point of escalation for media-related project issues.
- Support the sales process as necessary.
- Collaborate with functional teams to build media demos. Collaborate with marketing to maintain demo library and media examples on the SRM website.
- 3+ years of experience in media development
- Experience managing teams in media development
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Comfort working with and supporting cross-functional teams
- Experience in the education industry
- Instructional design background is a plus
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only bring the best and the brightest to our team. Interested in a career with Six Red Marbles? Lifelong learners need apply.
If you have questions about what it’s like to work with or for Six Red Marbles, we’re happy to answer.Reach out