Location: Austin, TX
The MIS manager, working closely with the senior vice president of technology, reviews the needs of the company, employees, and customers related to information management, data processing, and applications for end users. The MIS manager establishes budgets for hardware and software and develops procedures, standards, and training for enterprise software and data management.
The MIS manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of hardware and software applications at the enterprise and desktop level. Additionally, they are responsible for the oversight, management, and training as it relates to users’ desktops, management information systems, and enterprise networks. They are also responsible for creating plans for the use of telecommunications integration with existing information systems. The MIS manager is also responsible for the consistent deployment and configuration of systems as part of the development and deployment life cycle.
Finally, the MIS manager works closely with the business process improvement team to focus on driving operational excellence as well as continuous improvement of user experience, configuration, and deployment processes and procedures.
What you will do:
- Direct the information and data integrity of the company and its business units.
- Ensure the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all backup and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Develop standard procedures for system purchases, services, security, disaster recovery, etc.
- Perform operational risk assessments and implement mitigation solutions.
- Create and maintain training material for enterprise-level software and provide user training as needed.
- Budget, track, and allocate IT services costs to align spending with strategic objectives and improve cost transparency.
- Direct a comprehensive software strategy through conception, design, delivery, continuous improvement, and end-of-life as appropriate.
- Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the company.
- Understand and anticipate the needs and requirements of the business to ensure that software and services contribute to business outcomes.
- Develop and establish operating policies and procedures to ensure the adequate implementation of the corporate information technology.
- Develop and maintain service-level agreements with business partners and manage service levels with vendors.
- Evaluate overall operations of computing and information technology functions and recommend enhancements.
- Demonstrate excellent trouble-shooting skills and resolve deployment and environmental issues to closure.
What you will need:
- Ability to learn new technologies, frameworks, and architectures
- BS/BA in computer science, MIS, or related work experience
- A strong understanding of the SDLC, CI/CD, and the Agile software development methodology
- At least 5 years of IT leadership experience working with enterprise applications
- Experience defining process and standards
- Experience leading implementations and/or operations
- Experience overseeing SaaS applications operations and support
- Experience troubleshooting deployments/root cause analysis
- Ability to strategize, plan, and implement change and realize value and ROI
- Excellent organizational skills, effective time management, the ability to work independently, excellent attention to detail, positive client service attitude, the ability to multitask, and the ability to be flexible with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding ability in managing and monitoring business operations
- Strong hands-on management, leadership, coaching, and people management skills
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus
- Ability to interact and influence a variety of users and senior management
Why Six Red Marbles?
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do, too. In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (+1) 857-588-9000.