Operations Recruiting and Talent Manager
Reporting to the VP of Editorial, the Operations Recruiting and Talent Manager (ORT Manager) helps to identify and secure resources to address the company’s K–12 and higher education staffing needs, including freelance writers and editors, subject matter experts, temporary or contract project leads, and full-time hires. The ORT Manager also serves as the U.S.-based liaison to SRM’s India editorial and LXD teams, helping to plan and facilitate work, train staff, and ensure quality and best practices. Through recruiting support and India resource management, the ORT Manager ensures that SRM’s U.S. operations team can scale as needed to meet project volume and timelines, while also maintaining the highest standards of quality.
Recruitment and Talent Identification
- Develops and directs a sourcing strategy for resource needs, working with HR & procurement to determine if the operation can meet needs using internal resources or if we need to leverage external resources
- Works with operations management to identify freelance/contract project resource needs and develop candidate profiles
- Works with procurement to identify possible candidates existing in SRM’s database, vetting candidates as needed and presenting to operations management for review
- Recruits resources as needed to meet needs not met through the SRM database or by operations management. Manager is expected to coordinate with HR to post positions on appropriate sites, search sites such as LinkedIn, pursue recommendations and referrals, contact professional organizations and schools, and network as needed
- Monitors sales opportunities to anticipate resource needs and proactively collaborate with HR & procurement to identify resources in areas where our resource pool is thin
- Continually expands SRM’s pool of available freelance/contract resources, providing candidates to procurement for inclusion in SRM’s database
- Collaborates with HR & procurement to evaluate new external resources, such as recruiters and agencies, to build SRM’s recruiting capacity
- Works closely with VP of Editorial, editorial directors, and India editorial management to provide overall direction and planning for India editorial team
- Works with Director of LXD and India LXD management to provide overall direction and planning for the India LXD team
- Facilitates project work assignments, working with operations management
- Represents India editorial & LXD teams in pricing exercises, helping to identify appropriate areas for India participation
- Working with India and U.S. management, provides continuous training and training materials. Training will include broad industry and pedagogical training, some project-specific training/support in conjunction with U.S. editorial, and specific initiative training (such as crafting of alt text and assessment items for all curriculum areas)
- Works closely with U.S. & India management; regularly reviews work from India editorial team to assess quality and areas for improvement and training
- Oversees ongoing sample project initiatives where India team creates parallel content to U.S. team as a training exercise
- Consults in performance reviews and performance planning of India operations staff
- Coordinates with India HR and operations to identify staffing needs and determine hiring plans
- Supports India operations with recruiting and hiring process
- Working with India operations management, helps vet and monitor freelance performance in India; helps to recruit and grow India freelance resources
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.