Proposal and Pricing Associate
Location: Boston, MA/Austin, TX
The Proposal and Pricing Associate (PPA), in collaboration with the sales and operations teams, is responsible for the entire proposal development life cycle from sales intake to post-proposal submission. The Proposal and Pricing Associate will support the Senior Pricing Manager with tasks as assigned to support the pricing process, and they will be available to facilitate in-process pricing tasks as assigned by the Senior Pricing Manager.
The Proposal and Pricing Associate will take ownership of the day-to-day management of written proposals in order to develop comprehensive, compelling proposals that highlight the capabilities of Six Red Marbles to potential clients. Once a sales opportunity is closed, the Proposal and Pricing Associate will support the Senior Pricing Manager in drafting an SOW using proposal language and facilitating a process to gather additional inputs from functional teams.
The Proposal and Pricing Associate, in collaboration with the Sales and Marketing Associate, will be responsible to develop a library of proposal language that represents Six Red Marbles brand positioning and can be reused in future proposal and sales opportunities.
Specific duties, activities, and responsibilities
- Manages the development of responses to RFPs & RFIs by leveraging boilerplate proposal language to populate a first pass at a response, gathering inputs and approval from stakeholders as needed, and arranging for copyedit of the final document.
- Facilitate development of sales proposals as needed using the same type of process.
- Proactively develop, maintain, and continuously apply a proposal planning process so proposals and RFP/RFI responses are completed on schedule.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Operations Teams to gain an appropriate understanding of the win strategy/theme and to ensure the response clearly conveys the proper business perspective, key messages, value proposition, and differentiator from our competitors.
- Work with team members to develop a process and communication frequency so team members are aware of their responsibilities for meeting their deadlines.
- Once an opportunity is closed, support the Senior Pricing Manager in developing an SOW using the proposal language as the starting point. Facilitate a process to have all functional teams add language to the SOW and get it approved.
- Assist with change order process as requested.
- Support the sales and marketing team in collecting boilerplate language, work samples, portfolios, team bios, and other necessary documentation into a sales communication library.
- Be responsible for high-quality content and appearance of the final proposal product and the on-time delivery of the proposal.
- Provide writing, editing, and proofreading services for key areas of the proposal (or other requirements) including articulation of strategic value, summaries of past performance capabilities, marketing copy, etc.
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles is an award-winning creator of innovative digital and blended learning programs. As the largest U.S.-based provider of learning experience design, content development, edtech and publishing services, we partner with publishers, schools, universities, foundations, and companies to develop interactive and engaging products that support personalized learning. Six Red Marbles is a subsidiary of Flatirons Solutions, Inc, with offices in Boston, Brattleboro, Austin, Delhi, and Chennai, India.
Apply for this position.
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at (+1) 857-588-9000.