Location: Boston, MA / Austin, TX / Remote
As the Proposal Writer, you will report to the Executive Director of Presales and be responsible for developing proposals for all sales opportunities at Six Red Marbles (SRM). You will evaluate new bid opportunities in all sales channels (K12, higher education, corporate, nonprofit, and government) to determine the inputs, value propositions, and graphics needed for proposals. After evaluation, you will facilitate the proposal creation process end to end with SRM stakeholders.
To be successful as a Proposal Writer, you should have enough educational publishing industry experience to understand SRM’s service offerings and to communicate a compelling, concise narrative about the strategic value the SRM team can add for our clients. You’ll collaborate with SRM team members to design and write proposals, including marketing-style language and basic graphics (typically created in PowerPoint).
In addition, you will be expected to use existing tools to increase efficiencies in proposal writing, to develop a continuous improvement system, and to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of proposals.
If desired, you will also learn other presales activities, such as lead generation, pricing, and contract development.
Who You Are
A successful Proposal Writer is someone who is a self-starter and enjoys working remotely but collaboratively. You’re also curious and have a strong desire to help clients—both internal and external.
- Lead the proposal development process
- Identify who should participate in proposal development and assign responsibilities to meet bid requirements if the Proposal Writer needs assistance
- Leverage relevant experience to provide proposal inputs
- Collect a proposal input library that includes standard language and curated responses that can be reused with modifications
- Review all inputs to ensure they comply with RFP requirements and the business development value proposition
- Work with the SRM Executive Director of Presales to refine proposal tools, build templates for future proposals, and analyze effectiveness of past proposals
- Lead a continuous improvement process to identify areas to improve the proposal process, including automated sending and CRM integration
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 2 years writing or content development experience specific to the educational publishing services/educational technology arena
- Ability to collaborate, with dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to write in a clear, compelling manner with a voice and style that makes reading easy and memorable for the reader
- Strong organizational, marketing, and business process skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet schedules
- Initiative and the ability to be flexible working in a fast-moving environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines
Presales at Six Red Marbles is a small but strong, fast-paced team that manages 40+ bids, proposals, and contracts at one time. We support a dynamic, growing, remote sales team that’s pulling in significant contracts in the educational market. By coordinating with our colleagues across the company, the presales team puts SRM’s best foot forward by managing incoming opportunities from initial discussion through contract closure. We thrive on challenge and are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our colleagues and our external customers.
Our company tagline is “Always a Student,” and that’s the truth: We want every employee to grow and learn. Presales is one of the best places to do that learning—you’ll interact with a wide variety of stakeholders and learn about our business as well as the ever-changing educational market.
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are all always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. Our values include:
- Doing right by our people and partners
- Taking an innovative, tech-forward approach to engage students of all ages
- Putting the learner first in the content we create
- Being transparent in all we do and how we do it
- Working together to find the best solution, not the easiest solution
- Embracing that we are Always a Student
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for This Position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We only bring the best and the brightest to our team. Interested in a career with Six Red Marbles? Lifelong learners need apply.
If you have questions about what it’s like to work with or for Six Red Marbles, we’re happy to answer.Reach out