Senior Learning Experience Designer (2019)
Location: Austin, TX
A key member of our Learning Experience Design team who creates learning experience products and services
Essential Job Functions
The senior learning experience designer’s primary responsibility is to create highly effective learning experiences for clients in various sectors, including government, publishing, higher education, K–12, nonprofit businesses, and corporations.
Work can include analyzing client and learner needs, executing tasks within the LX process methodology (including effectively identifying and planning for testing with learners and leading or participating in a rapid prototype effort), and conceptualizing solutions. It also involves working in collaboration with SRM creative and graphic and UI/UX designers, drafting wireframes and storyboards, prototyping interactive media, and designing interactive learning experiences. This work includes working with subject matter experts and working as instructional design lead or team collaborator on a project.
Responsibilities involve meeting project schedules, working within budgeted hours, and working with the team to ensure quality.
Tasks include conceptualization, design, facilitating production, and quality reviews before delivery of a given print-based or multimedia-based learning product or environment.
Other learning design tasks may be required under this contract, including the possible supervision and mentoring of the project staff.
Success factors/Job competencies
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team and cross-functional team members
- Ability to write to enhance content for learner engagement
- Design of learning experiences that are relevant, engaging, and memorable
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and flag issues as the arise
- Possession of effective written and presentation skills
- Solution-focused when approaching challenges
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Selected applicants will be required to pass a standard government background check, including fingerprinting
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred)
- Experience: 5 years plus or equivalent experience
- Specialized skills and experience: Excellent foundational knowledge of pedagogy / andragogy and learning sciences
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do, too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. At SRM, our staff loves to learn, and we find joy in identifying the best solutions and services for our clients.
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for this position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at (+1) 857-588-9000.