Web and Marketing Designer & Developer
Location: Chennai or Delhi, India
Six Red Marbles is looking for a WordPress developer and digital designer to help with website enhancements and maintenance and marketing design. The developer’s primary responsibility is to help with updates to the existing website, including creating new pages and updating content. The developer’s secondary responsibility would be to assist with design, both for the website and for various collateral (social media, print materials, etc.). We would like someone with both website development experience in WordPress and visual and brand design experience for this role.
We’re also looking for someone who can be an SRM brand ambassador, making sure brand application and development maintain integrity and consistency.
Specific duties, activities, and responsibilities
This position involves working in collaboration with SRM sales, marketing, and creative teams, helping to update the website to meet strategic initiatives and marketing goals, as well as helping create marketing collateral for lead generation and brand awareness.
- Work with marketing team to create assets (infographics, video clips, etc.) for social media and blogs
- Create collateral (one-pagers, case studies, etc.)
- Develop online ads
- Maintain brand assets, style guide, and templates (PPT, Word, etc.)
- Layout and design for new webpages
- Refresh imagery on website as needed
- Create scalable, responsive, and interactive web experiences
- Design and development of web pages
- Regular website updates and enhancements
- Ensure website function and stability across all devices
- Update and maintain existing site for optimization and security precautions alongside IT team
Additional assignments and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience: 3+ years or equivalent, agency and/or educational services experience preferred
- Specialized skills and experience: excellent foundational knowledge of both WordPress and brand design; portfolio to reflect experience and sound graphic and visual design skills and highly competent typography
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with team and cross-functional team members
- Up to date with latest trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience designing for marketing or brand purposes
- Familiar with browser compatibility and responsive web design
- Familiar with cloud-based technology, such as AWS
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Great attention to detail and strong optimization skills
- Works well under pressure and adheres to deadlines
- Motivated and dependable team player
Why Six Red Marbles
Do you believe learning matters? Well, we do, too.
In fact, our entire business is built around the idea that we are always learning and therefore always students. We believe everyone deserves the most engaging and innovative learning experiences available, and our employees are the secret to our success. At SRM, our staff loves to learn, and we find joy in identifying the best solutions and services for our clients.
About Six Red Marbles
Six Red Marbles delivers high-quality educational programs at scale and has decades of experience developing custom materials and assessments that can align with any educational standard. We have developed thousands of interactive learning programs for schools, publishers, universities, and more with the support of our global network of subject matter experts. Six Red Marbles has offices in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Brattleboro, VT; Delhi, India; and Chennai, India.
Apply for this position
Six Red Marbles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at (+1) 857-588-9000.